June 10, 2010

one last hoorah before it's back to the working world

Saturday May 15th, 2010

Last year J took Vaughn to Six Flags for his birthday and since I was pregnant I stayed home and worked. So, this year for Jason's birthday Vaughn decided to return the favor and take J to Great America. And this time around we had Maya. J started out by telling me that Vaughn wanted to go to Great America with J, and since I am returning to work nights/weekends the opportunity for J to do things without Maya on the weekends was limited. So, we decided we would both have one last hoorah before we both started back to work.

sidenote:
J has been unable to find a job in his direct career field and with the interviews he has had, they are always taking someone "with more experience" than he has. It has been a difficult journey to say the least. It is so hard when you are newly graduated to still be looking for a job 6 months later. Remember how it felt when you graudated? I remember being so excited to FINALLY start my CAREER, not just a regular old job, an actual career in something you are passionate about and something you have earned a degree in.  J has come so close to getting his "dream job" to only be let down because there is someone out there that has more experience than him. He just needs that one company to go out on a limb and give him a CHANCE to gain some experience. So, because his student loan payments are right around the corner, beginning in June, he contacted the company he worked for last summer. The HR lady remembered him and essentially gave him his old job back. To his surprise he received a pay increase from what he was making last summer and is back to working as a production assistant. It is a job and that is about it. He does not love it by any means, but it will cover his student loan payments, and that is all we need from it for now! He is working in the production department which is totally separated from the art department, where he yearns to work. Thankfully, he is trying to make as many connections as possible, and has met with one of the character modelers there. We are hoping that since he is considered "internal" now, whenever a position opens up in the art department he may be first to hear about it. We are still praying for something new to turn up as this is just a contract job, and at this point in time we are unsure as to how long this contract is for....it can be anywhere from 3-12 months long.

end side-note

So, J went with Vaughn, Vaughn's brother Niles and Jasmine to Great America. I really really wanted to go because I LOVE theme parks and the roller coasters. Initially J was like, "well I would really love it if you and Maya could come..." so I started thinking about how we would work it out, and what we would have to do....one person would be with her and the other would ride the ride, it would be doable. So I started talking myself into going with Maya, knowing it wasn't going to be the same experience we have had before at the theme park. Then, the night before it was going to happen J said, "so you and Maya are still wanting to come?" and with that question I knew he was just trying to be nice the day before when he said he would like for us to come too! :) I told him to go ahead and go without us, he would have WAY more fun not having to worry about us, plus I was planning one last hoorah with the girls that same night anyways. He could have his fun and I would have mine. Since I wasn't going along I sent him with the camera and demanded he take some pictures! He did pretty good! :)



Mandy's Birthday Celebration was a BLAST!!! We had dinner in Japantown at Benihana. I had never had dinner served to me teppanyaki style: here is a quick explanation: "the teppanyaki table is where guests gather round and enjoy a meal expertly prepared and cooked to perfection on a steel grill, right before their eyes — by a chef who is as much entertainer as culinary master."


"The meal begins with a delicate Japanese onion soup, followed by a salad with ginger dressing. The chef will prepare your chicken, beef or seafood, along with vegetables, hibachi-style on the sizzling grill surface. Be sure to enjoy the show, because Benihana chefs literally play with your food as they cook it." http://www.benihana.com/

It was an AMAZING experience, and the food was super yummyu too! So much fun! It was just a really long process...we met there at 8pm and didn't leave until after 11pm! I ended up talking so much to Brittany that I didn't even get to eat all of my food!



I was in complete DENIAL that the next day Sunday May 16th was my first night back to work. We'll talk about that later....
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

favorite reads