June 30, 2010

do the buttons go in the front or back???

So on the weekends J gets to do the honor of dressing Maya while I am fast asleep after working all night. I like to think I am pretty organized and have her outfits already folded together in her drawers so all you have to do is grab-n-go. It is always fun and interesting to see what J picks for her to wear. He totally disregards the pre-picked outfits and comes up with something he designs himself.  The other day when he brought Maya in to have her afternoon nursing session, in my dazed sleepy consciousness I noticed something pretty comical...she was rockin' her shirt on backwards! He even had the snaps un-snapped and she was making a pretty serious fashion statement! When I told him he had it on backwards he replied, "oh really? I thought it looked really cute like this..."


so then fast-forward a few weeks....

I woke up to find her dressed like this...and just giggled. I guess it isn't always that straight-forward as to when the buttons go in the back! She had yet another shirt on backwards! :) I was teasing J and whispered to Maya that she had her shirt on backwards but that I wouldn't tell anyone and J immediately said, "I thought you said the buttons go in the back??" I know, confusing right??? I just told him to look for the tag from now on and that should always go in the back! :) She obviously doesn't know the difference and was happy regardless which way she was wearing her shirt!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been debating lately if we are ready to sell back this swing since we are using it less and less and seem to be gaining more and more. But J is a little reluctant to let it go yet, he says it is just nice to have a myriad of things she likes...so for now it stays. She has been doing this thing for awhile now where she will grab a hold of the toy bar right when she is starting to fall asleep. It is pretty adorable.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is pretty freaking hilarious! Todd used to put these overalls on Cash that were way to tight and short and thought they looked great! Oh well, the kids survive either way:)

    ReplyDelete

favorite reads