June 09, 2010

My First Mother's Day!

May 9th, 2010

The day I became I mother was the day I found out I was pregnant on May 22nd, 2009! And the day my dreams of having a healthy baby came true on Januray 24, 2010, and now here I am celebrating my first mother's day! I cannot describe in words how amazing this journey has been from the pregnancy, to the birth and now to the joy of watching Maya learn and grow each and every day. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, I have always always been drawn to children. I was always the little girl asking to hold the baby, and if I had a choice between playing with the cousins my age, or holding the baby you better believe I still picked to hold the baby. Sometimes I still find myself pinching myself when I look at her. I can't believe she is really my baby! I think it is because I have wanted her my whole life and now here she is right here in my arms, a healthy little baby girl!



Maya on her first day of life and now at 14 weeks old


My Dad ended up flying back home in the early morning of Mother's Day, so Maya and I slept in while J took Dad to the airport. We had such a whirlwind week leading up to this day that I decided we would have a little R&R for my day! We just stayed in and I caught up on a few of my favorite shows. It is hard work hauling a  3 1/2 month old off to see the sites! :) J bought me one of my favorite flowers....calla lilies and made me the most precious Mother's Day card of Maya holding onto my hand! He also bought me a new fancy camera strap for my new SLR and a few books to read to Maya! I am always singing to her, so he got me a nursery rhyme book and the mommy and I book in which he inscribed in the front of the book "to mommy from maya" and he pretended to do it in her handwriting. I totally cried when I read it, it was so sweet and thoughtful of him! I dressed Maya in one of her little dresses we received from Uncle Rod and Aunt Lynn, but wouldn't you know the little stinker had a blow-out before we could get any real pictures of her in it! And since it was my day J volunteered to do the dirty diaper changing!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

favorite reads