Dad Luneburg came to visit! It was so much fun having him come! Since Maya was born in the midst of tax season, my dad was unable to visit right away when she was born, so he saved his visit for May post-tax season! I have to admit that he probably came at the best time and got the most out of his visit compared to my mom and J's parents. I was no longer post partum and dealing with all of those fun emotions, and Maya was old enough to take out and about without any major melt-downs! And...J and I were both still home, so we had a chance to really show my dad some more of our favorite San Fran sites! He flew in on Wednesday and out on Sunday (Mother's Day) and got to have all the holding time with Maya he wanted!
Since it was already mid-day we decided to take him for a walk in Golden Gate Park and show him Stow Lake, and with a little bit of hiking, the awesome view of the ocean! J offered him the chance to "wear" Maya in the Bjorn and of course he obliged! :)
another one of my outfits I wore as an infant....is is wrong that I think this picture of her crying is adorable???
I came home from a little bit of shopping to find this....I love how her tiny little legs are strewn over her daddy! Hey...however we can squeeze in the tummy time we will!
Maya is so much more content these days to just sit in your lap and play with her toys! This little guy is Mr. Crinkles because his tummy crinkles like paper and she LOVES it!
Dad's visit day two...
We took him to Baker Beach and a drive through the Presidio. It seemed pretty cool that day, but wouldn't you know that we all ended up getting some sun on our faces and J even got a little bit burnt!
Day three
We drove north across the Golden Gate Bridge into wine country! We went to Sonoma to do a little wine tasting! I have never actually done formal wine tasting and neither had my dad, so we thought it would be a fun thing to do together! I found a place called Jacuzzi that offered free wine and olive oil tasting. J took Maya and did a little olive oil tasting and dad and I tasted some wine! It was fun and really interesting! My dad and I both have a sweet tooth and weren't surprised that we enjoyed the sweeter wines! And because it was Mother's Day weekend the lady that was helping us gave us a "chocolate shot." A chocolate shot consists of a chocolate shell shaped like a thimble, and they pour their sweet dessert wine in and you take it like a shot and eat the chocolate with the wine at the same time....it was really good! They had this gigantic wine bottle that was taller than Maya! Wine country was absolutely beautiful! And we were pleasantly surprised that we only live about an hour away! On the way home we stopped at In-N-Out so my dad could experience the greatness of this little burger joint!
Day four
We spent the bulk of our day building Maya a bookshelf in her room! I got the idea off of a blog called Mama Notes. It is made out of rain gutters and allows the books to be displayed from the front so when she is older she can recognize what book she wants to read and pick it out herself! It turned out super cute! And in the evening we headed up north across the golden gate bridge to one of our favorite secluded beaches, Muir Woods Beach. This is the beach J took me to after he proposed to have a picnic with some champagne!
With all of the activities of my dad's visit Maya finally gave in to taking the bottle! :) She took 3 bottles in just one day without any major melt-downs! She must haven known that I was going back to work in less than a week! My dad was so attentive to her and held her every chance he got! He didn't want to waste a minute! And one of the biggest milestones of his visit was his ability to bring the giggles out of our girl! Prior to his visit we had heard like one giggle at a time...but leave it to my dad to get her to let out a string of giggles all in a row! I had never heard her do that before! He just has a way with his granddaughters! He is so patient, and talks to them in his deep soothing voice. This is what he said to get her to giggle, "Where are the giggles at??? Are they down in your toes???? Where are the giggles????" and wouldn't you know she let them out, all at once and it was like music to my ears! I had never heard her do that before and I got it on video! Unfortunately he was changing her diaper at the same time, so it isn't appropriate to post to the internet!
Believe me, I have tried to say the same words over and over in my deepest voice possible and it does not bring out the giggles for me! He has the touch! That magical grandpa touch! I love you Dad! You are the BEST! Can't wait for July to roll around the corner, it will be here before we know it!













No comments:
Post a Comment