Maya tasted her first bites of oatmeal flakes mixed with breast milk! My plan was to exclusively nurse her until she was 6 months old, but she has been showing readiness for the past few weeks already! The other day I was eating yogurt and she literally watched me spoon out each bite from the yogurt cup to my mouth! She also started reaching for our food when we have her on our lap during dinner time. So, I figured we could give it a try and see what happens! Well, we should've known that she was going to love it because she is all about anything that goes into her mouth! Again, I shot some video with my phone, and again it is sideways....sorry if it makes you cross-eyed watching it! My phone can only record for one minute intervals, so I have two videos to share. I have to say that I sound pretty silly and my baby talk is hilarious! :)
P.S. I am not sure why I felt the need to wipe her mouth off between each.and.every.bite, but I learned my lesson and have since just let her enjoy her full serving before we clean her up! :)
It was almost like she knew she was going to get a special treat or something...as soon as I put the bib on her she was all smiles! She was so smart and such a natural. She knew exactly what to do and wanted more and more and more! She would kick her little legs between bites and open her mouth up really really wide to let me know she was ready for the next bite.
I have to say that I am pretty good at this picture-taking, filming and feeding all at the same time!





No comments:
Post a Comment