April 23, 2010

Hands, fingers, toes and an 80's outfit @ 10 weeks

This girl is LOVING her hands! She still refuses to take a pacifier and prefers her little salty digits instead. She will put all four fingers in her mouth until she gags herself......and then she does it again! We also discovered our love of bonnets! She just looks so darn cute and delicate in them, and they serve a purpose as well...so it is win-win!

We scored on some new clothes from cousin Kenady when we were back to Iowa, and in the box we found tiny little sandals! they showcase her tiny little tootsies perfectly. Every once in awhile I remind J to take some pictures of my girl and I (usually only when I have gotten myself ready for the day) :)

This girl is getting more control every single day. She loves to sit up like a big girl in her bumbo seat (don't worry we never leave her alone in it). She has also been modeling some of the clothes I wore when I was an infant. My mom definitely made sure I was a stylin little girl as well! It is so fun to see her in something I wore when I was her size....isn't life truly a miracle? The fact that we all start out as tiny single cells that multiply and replicate into a tiny human being. As my mom said to me, "you grew lungs inside of you Jenna!" It truly is an amazing experience to watch your baby grow, knowing that life itself is a miracle! God is so GOOD!

So, all of my recent posts I have not done any editing to my pictures. It is an added step that I haven't taken the time to do. I am feeling more and more confident with my photography skills (even if I have to custom set the white balance every single time). I have a blank white sheet of paper in almost every room in our tiny apartment!

This week on our walk to Golden Gate we saw something really interesting! You see, Golden Gate houses many many different attractions like: a flower conservatory, the De Young museum, a Japanese Tea Garden/House, and a Science Center (just to name a few). Apparently they were hosting something interesting this week...EXTREME MAMMALS!

Lastly, a picture capturing "our little burrito" fast asleep. And, yes that is our bed....caught red-handed on that one. She is still sleeping in the bassinet portion of her pack-n-play in our room for the first stretch of her sleep usually from 11 pm-6 or 7 am (if I am lucky). But, since I have never been known to be an early riser I bring her to bed and nurse her there just to "rest my eyes" for a little bit longer. Then I usually sneak out and pump after she is fast asleep with a full tummy. I have started to build a supply since that dreaded day is approaching.

P.S. Her hair is starting to finally grow in in the front! looking back at her baby pics, she did end up losing quite a bit of hair after birth, but it is fun to see that it is starting to grow back in! Despite my attempts of avoiding the "baby bald spot" in the back, she definitely has one. I am not sure how she managed to get one because I try to be really good about changing her position...but one thing we noticed is that when we put her to be at night she likes to move her head side-to-side to nestle herself into a comfortable position for the remainder of the night. So, if it takes her getting a little bald spot to allow her to sleep for 7-8 hour stretches I can't complain!



a Kenady look-a-like

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I am pretty sure I had that same stylin 80's dress! We were definatly dressed to the hilt!

    ReplyDelete

favorite reads