April 23rd, 2010
We have been dying to get together with Mandy and Luke on a double date ever since we discovered that the guys have so many similarities! lLuke is just a few years older than us and is working on finishing his Bachelor of Fine Arts just like Jason did. I believe his major is in graphic design so he is an artist just like J and Mandy and I are both nurses that work in the PICU! So it just works for so many different reasons! :)We FINALLY had them over for a mini double date. Thankfully they were cool with coming over since it is way easier than hauling Maya out and about. They brought the appetizers: some cheese (Boursin garlic and herb=super scrumptious) and crackers and the drinks. And I made this AWESOME taco soup that I found on this blog here. It is so super easy...you just pour everything into your crock pot and it is ready in no time! I have made this many many times now and I think it is one of our favorites because the leftovers still taste awesome!
she totally fell asleep with her hands in her mouth...it was so ADORABLE I just couldn't help myself from docuementing it! she normally fusses for five minutes or less before she puts herself to sleep in her swing, but not this time, she was just sucking away on all four of her tiny little digits and poof she was out!
back to our double date night....remember when Maya was born and Mandy and Luke came to visit us in the hospital and we told you how smitten Luke was with Maya....well he still is! He is going to be such a fabulous daddy some day! He just picked her right up like a natural! He played with her and she LOVED it!
She does this thing where when you play "airplane" with her she opens her mouth so so wide....so we coined the name "little birdy" for her when she does this neat expression!
and a night wouldn't be complete without a little MAD GAB! Thanks to mom Silber for giving me this for Christmas last year! This has been a staple in our double date nights at our place! If you haven't ever played you NEED to! It is so hilarious to listen to everyone trying to sound out the phrases! First we played J & J vs. Mandy & Luke and then we played girls vs. boys and I was on the winning team BOTH times! :) But then we changed it up and played a game that they brought (Taboo) and they totally smeared us! We need to work on our gaming skills! J got a little frustrated with me during the last game...he was trying to describe something to me without using the main "easy" clues and I just couldn't figure it out. So as I was thinking about writing this in our blog today it sparked a conversation about what games are our favorite. He readily let me know that he is not really a fan of board games or cards but prefers to play games like pool or darts or croquet. So then I said, "oh so you like to play solo" and he replied, "no I just like the more physical games" to which I replied, "oh you don't like the thinking games" and he disagreed. But, I think that is how you would categorize them! :)
It was a super fun night, and it was totally doable with Maya. I just had to sneak out a few times to nurse her.
Then on Monday I got to have lunch with these pretty ladies! Kylie and Mandy! We ate lunch at Pacific Catch which is just a hop skip and a jump away from where we live. I was able to put little miss in her carseat holder/stroller and walk to the restaraunt. It is really kid-friendly which helps a lot! Maya was a happy camper for most of the visit and ended up taking a tiny cat nap in my arms after we were done eating. We were able to recap about our night on Wednesday night for Jillian's birthday. And very soon we will get together to celebrate Mandy's birthday! Can't wait!







No comments:
Post a Comment