May 10, 2010

dear jillian's birthday...mommy's night out

April 21, 2010
About a year ago Mandy introduced me to these ladies...they are all Labor and Delivery nurses at UCSF. Both Jillian and Brittany were my nurses during my hospitalization when I had Maya. Jillian was both my ante and post-partum nurse and Brittany was the nurse that discharged us! These girls are a BLAST! They try to get together for each one's birthday to celebrate and I was lucky enough to be invited to Jillian's this year!

Miss Jillian's 29th birthday celebration started at Bossa Nova downtown San Fran. It was such a scrumptious dinner! We just ordered a bunch of dinner entrees and appetizers and shared them ALL! It is a restaraunt based off of traditional brazilian cuisine and I tried a bunch of new things like tuna tar tar, coconut rice, Pao de Queijo (cheese bread), Coxinha (chicken and cheese yumminess), Croquete de CamarĂ£o (shrimp something), Picanha Appetizer (steak), and goat cheese! I don't think there was one thing I ate that I didn't like! We went out on a Wednesday night and since all of us are either married with kids or almost-engaged the focus was to have the most fabulous girl's night ever! After dinner we headed out to do a little karaoke! Jillian had the most amazing voice...she should definitely try out for AMERICAN IDOL! She was SO good!
Front: Brittany, Mandy, Jillian
Back: Trinh, J, Kylie and Sarah

my dear mandy-totally my best friend in san fran-we both work in the PICU


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

favorite reads