August 14, 2010

houston we have a sitter

At the ripe age of 22 weeks or 5.5 months she has figured out how to sit! She has been doing her "v-ups" daily and with the help of the incline of the bouncy seat she was able to sit herself upright in her bouncy. Good thing I was nearby and able to witness this magnificent feat! She was so proud of herself.
****A note of caution: a friend of mine was just telling me that when they figure out how to sit up like this you need to ditch the seat. There have been cases where the child has actually flipped themselves forward while still being strapped to the chair.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My little helper
It seems like these days she could have a trillion toys out in front of her to choose from but she is only interested in what you are doing or holding. She loves to dive for remotes, water bottles, hair clippies, any type of food, and clothes. It was laundry day and I had her propped up on our bed while I was folding some clothes. She had her little toys in her lap but she just kept diving in for the freshly laundered clothes. And the pile she just so happened to be in closest proximity to was her daddy's undies! I bet when she is about 7 years old she is going to be mortified! :) But at the time she was happy as a clam!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Careful what you wish for...
Daddy has been helping Maya practice her crawling stance. When I saw him doing this with her my first thought was....do we REALLY want her to start crawling yet? Are we ready for that??? We need to do some serious baby-proofing in the near future! Luckily she was more interested in eating EVERYTHING, as usual.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

favorite reads