January 21, 2010

NST

Everything went really well! My amniotic fluid level is normal 14.6 on a scale of 8-24. Baby is still head down, facing towards my spine. Her resting heart rate is in the 120s and when she is stimulated awake her heart rate goes up to 140-150s so that was reassuring! Apparently I am having some contractions that I just can't feel...probably braxton hicks since they aren't painful, but at least it is something! The nurse did another cervical check and I was still only 1 cm dilated and maybe 60% effaced, so she stripped my membranes again (that makes 3 times total now). I am thinking this little girl is going to wait until Saturday night to get the ball rolling! I am so blessed to have met such wonderful friends/nurses out here in San Francisco! Ironically, I know a handful of labor and delivery nurses and they are bound to make sure I receive great care! One of my friends has signed up to be my nurse on Saturday night to help explain my options for inducing and provide some moral support. So, I am just trying to enjoy these last few days with Maya kicking and hiccuping because I know very soon I will probably miss these days of being pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jenna! I am so glad you have so many good friends (an nurses) out there! I am waiting on baited breath to hear all about little Maya! I am also glad that your mom will be able to be there...awesome! Kendra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be weird or anything, but I have been waiting for this baby to arrive ever since I first read your blog!!! You two are so cute. I hope everything goes well I can read about baby Mya soon! :)
    Jen (bush) Vaughn

    ReplyDelete

favorite reads