January 19, 2010

Maya update

40 weeks (you can kind of tell she has dropped some)

39 weeks

38 weeks


So today we went to the Dr. and was shocked to hear that they actually would allow me to go to 42 weeks, but offered me an induction at 41 weeks, so I took it! I was only 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced and mucus plug was gone, but that was the same from last week....so, we are scheduled to have a NST (non-stress test) for the baby on Thursday morning, and if that is ok, then we are supposed to wait till Saturday, when we are scheduled to go in for an induction at 8pm! So if she doesn't come on her own time, then we will start the process saturday night, and she will probably be born on Sunday some time! It is so exciting to have an end in sight, but also a little scary since the Dr. talked about "cervical ripening" which my college roommate went through and said it was not so pleasant....something about placing a catheter up into your cervix and filling the balloon with water in hopes to help get you dilated....apparently pretty painful! And I heard pitocin isn't the most fun either....so as I sit her writing I am having some mixed feelings about it all....I just hope and pray that she comes on her own time, maybe I should have given her the 42 weeks??? but....my mom is flying in from Iowa on Tuesday the 26th and would be pretty disappointed to leave on the 30th without seeing her grandbaby! Is that too selfish of us? Ironically, her original due date was the 25th, but because she was measuring a little bit bigger at her 12 week ultrasound they moved us up....so now looks like she will be here right around that original time frame! Either way, we are asking for your prayers to bring this little girl into this world healthy and hopefully on her own time! If we make it to Thursday morning I will post about our NST! :) one last sneak peak at her inside! though her head is down, and we didn't get very good pics of her at her 32 week ultrasound, so we will see! PRAY FOR US!!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am praying for you, girls ... & Jason too. You're going to do just fine & know that everyone is different when it comes to delivery. I heard EVERY story in the book about EVERY scenario & my dumb body would not dilate & my epidurals (I had them crank it up 3 times!) had worn off & it was finally "go time". I was panicked about the pain, but thinking back, I don't remember it & it was only a few months ago! You'll do just fine no matter how she gets here. You're a healthy girl & she'll be a healthy girl too. God's going to bless you with an AMAZING little gift, Jenna! I cannot wait for you to enjoy her! Thanks so much for the updates. (It's so fun to go down memory lane.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, I am sure she will be fine! And so will you! I was always shocked that they let my sister go to 42 weeks, and in Utah they let you go to 42 weeks too (all my nieces and nephews were both 42 weekers). I wouldn't stress now. You have been so great this whole pregnancy and enjoyed it, don't let this get you down.
    I will keep you in my prayers, and keep us updated...I can't wait to this little girl.

    ReplyDelete

favorite reads