December 4th, 2010
Jason and I were invited to one of the most upscale engagement parties we have ever been to...(well actually I don't think we had ever been to an engagement party before.) My friend and co-worker Mandy and her artist boyfriend Luke hosted a beautiful party downtown at a really nice place...(the name is escaping me at the moment.) Jason and I enlisted Kyle and Brandy to baby-sit for us and off we went! We had a great time! Bottomless wine and good friends=a great time!
We are looking forward to their wedding in June! It will be the first time I will be without Maya for more than 12 hours. They are getting married in Maui, Hawaii and we are going Maya-less. My mom encouraged us to allow the grandparents on both sides to take care of Maya so we could enjoy some couple time on the island. It still makes me a little queasy thinking about leaving her for the 10 days it is going to be....
Mom Silber is going to be flying into San Francisco and staying for about a week before she takes Maya back to Iowa with her a few days before we leave for Maui. She will spend the first 5 days with the Silber side and the remaining 5 days with the Luneburg side and then my parents will fly back to San Francisco with her the day after we arrive back from Hawaii....(big sigh). I know....it is a super long time....but with daily skyping and phone calls I think I can make it through...plus it won't hurt to be spending some alone time with my handsome husband in paradise! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment