February 16, 2010

RE-POSTED...Maya's newborn pics taken by mom!

So, before Maya was born I was determined to be able to photograph her for her newborn pictures all by myself. I did a lot of research, acquired advice from my good friend Ashley who has experience photographing newborns, and thought it would be relatively easy! I rented a portraiture lens for my new DSLR camera and knew that the timeframe for capturing good "sleepy" pictures was within the first 2 weeks of life. Well....it was MUCH harder than I thought it would be! I bought a few things off of Etsy for her to wear, I made sure to feed her to the brim, let her sleep for about an hour to get into a deeper state, turned up the thermostat, had her room set up as my studio, and wouldn't you believe that everytime I took her into her room and removed the blankets she woke up! ARGH! Plus, many of you moms know how hard it is to plan anything with a newborn! I really needed the natural light, so if we didn't plan ahead enough we would miss the daylight! And...the older she got, the more her skin started to peel, and she started getting the little newborn acne....to say the least it was definitely a feat! But...we saved a ton of money and hopefully my skills will only get better from here on out! So...I have a sneak peak of what we got....and I do have to admit that they turned out really well! I am saving some of my favorite ones until I get her announcements sent out!



1 comment:

  1. oh my, these are all so gorgeous! She is so beautiful, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

favorite reads