February 03, 2009

Trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, California

One of these blogs I will remember to upload the pics first and then type the blog entry!
The group of brown-nosers! Jason's professor Joe is on the far left standing in the back, and that is his wife with the glasses. She actualy works for QuickSilver in the women's dept. she does all of the design work!

We had to take a picture next to this HUGE beer stine! Especially since we are both German!


We actually watched them pour a "boot" of beer, you know on one of those movies....anyways....a guy did actually drink from a glass boot!

Saturday November 22, 2008:
Jason's creature design class was scheduled to take a school trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Jason had asked his professor if I could ride along. The professor was a little hesitant at first but then told Jason that I would be allowed to ride along and even have free admission to the aquarium if one of the students decided not to show. Luckily, I was able to join for FREE! It was a beautiful drive down the coast of California to this cozy little town of Monterey. The aquarium was absolutely amzing! We spend the most time in the jellyfish aquarium! They do use black lighting to help illuminate the jellyfish, but either way the colors were magnificent! Jason spent some time sketching while I just browsed! Joe Weatherly, Jason's teacher wanted to see some sketches when the day trip was over. It was cute, because after the trip was over and we were on our way back home to San Francisco, Joe had invited us out to have a beer with him and his wife. A couple of the other students hung around and got to "brown-nose" with the rest of us! I guess Joe knows quite a few Irish & German pubs in San Francisco and we headed to one of his favorites! We had a good time socializing!

Monterey Bay just after sunset
One of the biggest aquariums with hammerhead sharks, dolphins, tuna, etc.


The amazing, colorful jellyfish



Random pic....I think we were cooking something in our tiny kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

favorite reads